Let’s Balance VM(IaaS) load through Load Balancer
Whenever we talk about workload in VM , Balancing load is an another factor , Azure provide (L4)load balancer to balance the load between VM’s or High Availability Group or VM scale Set .
Definition : Azure Load Balancer delivers high availability and network performance to your applications. It is a Layer 4 (TCP, UDP) load balancer that distributes incoming traffic among healthy instances of services defined in a load-balanced set.
One thing keep in Mind Load Balancer is for IaaS and Traffic Manager is for PaaS or Mix environment .
There are two kind of Load Balancer in Azure , One is Public or External Load balancer and 2nd is Private or Internal Load Balancer .
Let’s do a small practical to test Load balancer :
- Create two VM in same HA and Same Resource Gruop
- Open NSG and open port 80
- Once your VM is ready take the RDP of your VM and install IIS
- Once IIS installed , open IIS manager and Expend your default website and click on explore
- Once default page is there , click on Explore and do small changes so that you can identify the IIS page .
- But make sure both VM should manage same kind of workload and both should be in same HA .
- No go to azure load balancer and create a public or external load balancer .
- Once your LB is created , open the LB and click on backend pool . Now click on ADD and select your existing HA . then select your both VM and save the config .
- Then create a health probe with default config .
- Wait until LB update your configuration .
- Now create a Load Balancing rule with TCP .
Your Load Balancer is ready to perform . Now open Load Balancer overview and check LB public ip . Hit public ip of LB you will get responce from HA ( VM1 or VM1 ).
Having Issue ?? Please write me .
I’m ｒeally impressed with your ᴡriting skills as neatly as with the format on your blog.
Is thіs a paid subjеct oг did you modify it yourself?
Anyway keep uρ the nice high quaⅼity writing, it’s rare to look a great blog like this one
I bⅼog often and I genuinely thank you for your content.
Your article has truly peaked my interest. I am going to booк mark your websitｅ and keep checking for new information about once a week.
I subscribed to your Ϝeed too.
Trеmendous things herе. I am very satiѕfied to look your post.
Thanks а lot and I’m having a look forward to tоuch you.
Will you kindly drop me a e-mail?
It’s appropriate time to make some plans for the future and it is time to be happy.
I have read this post and if I could I want to suggest you some interesting
things or tips. Maybe you could write next articles referring to this article.
I want to read even more things about it!